Dr.Kamol Tassananchalee, Thai National Artist, President of Thai Art Council is the one of Santi’s teacher as realy respect of Santi’s life. A valuable experience of Santi is Dr.Kamol Tassananchalee embrace Santi to do sculpture works in USA.
Born: 17 January 1944, Bangkok, Thailand
Address: 838 N. San Vicente Building., West Hollywood, CA 90069
U.S.A. Tel. (213) 652-5352
Studio: 10120 Casaba Ave. Chatsworth, CA 91311 Tel. (818) 993-0129
1964 Poh-Chang Art College, Bangkok, Thailand
1969 Srinakharinvirot University, Prasanmit, Bangkok, Thailand
1977M.F.A., Otis Art Institute of Los Angeles, California, U .S.A
Occupation: Instructor, University of California, U.S.A.
Selected Solo Exhibitions :
2005- Special Exhibit To Honor “Kamol’s Sixtieth Birthday”, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
2004- Work on Handmade Paper, Special Exhibit To Honor Kamol’s Sixtieth Birthday, LA Artcore, Union Center for the Arts, Los Angeles, CA, USA
– Special Exhibit To Honor Kamol’s Sixieth Birthday, Rajabhat University, Chiangrai, Thailand
2002- Paintings and Mixed Media Work, LA Artcore, Union Center for the Arts, Los Angeles, CA, USA
2001-Mixed Media and Sculpture Works, LA Artcore, Brewery Annex, Los Angeles, CA, USA
1999- March 6-31, 1999, “39 Years of art in Thailand and U.S.A.,” National Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
– January 3-31, 1999, L.A. Artcore, Los Angeles, California
1998- National Cultural Center of Thailand, “National Artist Award Exhibition”, Bangkok, Thailand
1997-Dishman Art Gallery, Lamar University, “Recent Works & Texas Perspectives Series”, Texas, USA
1995-National Gallery, “Twenty five years of art in the USA”, Bangkok, Thailand
1991- Gallery West, “Recent Works”, Los Angeles, CA, USA
1990-National Gallery, “Twenty years of art in the U.S.A.,
1970-1990,” Bangkok, Thailand
1988- Gallery West, “Wall Sculpture,” Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
1985- Gallery West, “Nang-Yai II, Wall Sculpture,” Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
1980- National Gallery, “Ten years of art in the U.S.A., 1970-1980,” Bangkok, Thailand
1972- Poh-Chang Art College, “Two years of art in the U.S.A.,
1970-1972,” Bangkok, Thailand
1969- A.U.A. Languages Center, Bangkok, Thailand
Selected Group Exhibitions :
2007- Identity, CP Seven Art Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
2004- Special Exhibit to Honor the National !Artists of Thailand, National Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
– International Art Festival, “Art on the Beach”, Eastern Center of Art and Culture, Burapha University, Chonburi, Thailand
– International Art Exhibit, “Thailand-USA”, Thailand Cultural Center, Bangkok, Thailand, Art Gallery, Burapha University, Chonburi, Thailand, and LA Artcore Center of Arts, Los Angeles, CA, USA
– “Asian Art Now 2004”, Las Vegas Art Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
– The Grand Opening of the Queen’s Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
2003- “International Artists Group”, Gallery Asto, Los Angeles, CA, USA – “Lela Show”, Modern Art Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
– “Asian Art Now 2003”, Las Vegas Art Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
– Celebration Exhibit to Honor the Twenty-three Thai National Artists, Bangkok, Thailand
– Ninety Year Celebration Exhibit of Poh-Chang Art College, Bangkok, Thailand
– “Art In The Box”, Art Center, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
– The Small World, Thai Contemporary Art Project 2003-2004, Art Gallery, Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
– The Exhibition Hall, Silom Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
– Prefectural Gallery, Yokohama, Japan
– Research Project Colors for Art of Silpakorn University and Presentation of the Color of Silpakorn Product
2002- International Art Exhibit, Japan Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA, and Angel Gate Cultural Center, San Pedro, CA, USA
– The Peace Show, Nagasaki Museum, Nagasaki, Japan
– “Asian Art Now 2002”, Las Vegas Art Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Asian American Artists
– “Asian American Experience”, Studio Channal Islands Art Center, Camarillo, CA, USA
– Grand Exhibition of the Leading Thai Artists, Thai Consulate, Los Angeles, CA, USA
– The Seventeenth Asian International Art Exhibit, Daejeon Municipal Museum of Art, Korea
– Ofto Gallery, German-American Art Exchange Exhibit, Munich, Germany
2001- International Art Festival “Lantern of the East”, Pong Taek City Museum, Korea
– “Asian Art Now 2001 “, Las Vegas Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
2000- Shifting Contemporary Los Angeles Visions and Perceptions, The Pacific Asia Museum, Pasadena, CA, USA
– “The Peace Show”, Nagasaki Museum, Nagasaki, Japan
1999-2000- Millenium Gold Celebrity Showcase, WoridGold Council, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, Hong Kong
1999- International Memorial Exhibit, Modern Art Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
– Lantern of the East, Seventh International Art Festival, Pong Taek City, Korea
1998- International Art Festival, Tachikawa, Japan
– The Grand Exhibition of the Leading Thai Artists #2, The Royal Thai Consulate General Vancouver B.C. Canada, and UC Berkeley CA, U.S.A.
– International Art Peace Exhibition, Nagasaki Museum of Art, Japan
1995- Merging One Gallery, Santa Monica, California, U.S.A.
1990- National Art Exhibition, “Invited Artist,” Bangkok, Thailand
1985- Fusion’85 LA Exhibition of Asia, Black, Jewish and Latino Arts, Jewish Federation Building, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
– Silpakorn University Art Gallery, “Drawing,” Bangkok, Thailand
– Thai Art Center, “Contemporary Art of Thailand,” Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
1979- 2 Years cross-country tour by Western Association of Art Museum
1972- Otis at the Music Center Exhibition, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
1963- First International Art Exhibition, Thailand
1961- Annual Art Exhibition, Asian Countries and Thailand
Awards and Grants :
2004- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Visual Arts and Eminent Imagine Art from Srinakarinvirot University, Bangkok, Thailand
– Board Officer, Asian Cultural Exchange Association, a non-profit organization, Tokyo, Japan
2002- Fourteenth Annual Award, LA ARTCORE, Los Angeles, CA, USA
2001-2003- Asian Art Now, Las Vegas Art Museum, Las Vegas, Navada, USA
2001- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Fine Arts(Visual) from Rajabhat University, Ayutthaya, Thailand
1998- Companion (Fourth Class) of the Most Admirable Order of The Direkgunnabhotn
1997- National Artist Award (Visual Art)
– Ph.D. (Honorable Painting) Burapha University, Chonburi, Thailand
1991- Special Grants with Dr. Herbert Phillips from National Endowment for the Humanities, U.S.A., The Integrative Art of Modern Thailand Project
1986- The Best Top Ten Alumni of Poh-Chang Art College, Bangkok, Thailand
1980- Annual Artist Award, The Oakland Museum, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
1977- C.E.T.A. Art Grant, Artists for Economic Action and California Confederation of the Arts
– Grand Purchase Prize, Firth Annual Southern California Print and Drawing Exhibition, Santa Monica, California, U.S.A.
1975- Cash Award, Indoor Mural for California State Department of Motor Vehicles (10″ x 45″)
1974- Cash Award, Mural for Mural Resource Center, L.A. Ourdoor Mural (10″ x 100″)
1972- Cash Awards, Otis at the Music Center Exhibition, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
1971- Purchase Prize, California Printmakers Palace of Legion of Honor, San Francisco and De Young Museum, San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
1969- Third Prize, National Art Exhibition, Bangkok, Thailand
1964- First Prize, Poh-Chang Art College, Bangkok, Thailand
1982- Founder of Thai Art Council in U.S.A./Pacific Asia Museum, Pasadena, Californi, U.S.A.
1979-82- Founder of Thai Art Center in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Information refer from http://www.artbangkok.com/detail_page.php?sub_id=597